Haven't done ANYTHING I wanted or planned to do. Still haven't tackled the remaining assignments for my writing course, and haven't filled in grant award application forms to start art collective yet either. When is it going to change???
***The things I did today***
1)Woke up at 9am...not bad!!!
2)Had bagels and cheese and coffee for breakfast.
3)Checked my emails and potted about on the internet for a little bit.
4)Emailed an old friend and updated them on the last two years of my life...rather traumatic in a way.
5)Read a bit...nothing too heavy, a bit of adrian mole...something light!
6)Organised the downstairs part of the house.
7)Waited for an electrician to come out to the house and change a fuse, (not that I'm incapable or anything like that...hell it was only last week I used an electric screwdriver...yes, I am that capable!!!).
8)Ran around after the little sister and nephew.
9)Had a walk to the local shops and bought The Guardian.
10)Looked for media jobs, but wasn't inspired.
***things I want to do tonight, but probably wont get to do, much to my annoyance***
1)Finish the first assignment of my writing course (I just dont have the energy or will to do so)
2)Fill in grant application forms to begin art collective (same reason as above)
3)Watch The daily Show (but proably wont seen as the little sister and nephew will be downstairs by then and will want to watch Corination Street..phfsch)
4)Refrain from indulging in all things Jon stewart-y online(but probably wont as I have the inability to refrain myself from doing most things)
***things I will end up doing tonight***
1) Reading the rest of Adrian Mole.
2) Eating another bagel and drinking black coffee while dreaming of being in New York
3) Falling asleep on the sofa like last night and ending up having strange dreams (strange in a nice way though...hmmm)
- Music:Tom Waits - Hold On
The issues being the following:
1. I cannot decide on one specific style for my LJ account. For the moment it is red...I am sure this will change at some point in the near future! I know this seems like such a futile issue to have, but for someone who is always indecisive about EVERYTHING (see below) it's worrying.
2. I Have become worryingly...how can I put this without seeming obsessive...ADDICTED (HA-nowt obsessive about that word) with The Daily Show and more specifically the host Jon Stewart...hmmmm indeed!!! The last time I had warning signs like this was when I became obsessed with The Manic Street Preachers...ten years, two semi-breakdowns and one long distant (and failed) relationship later, I don't really know if I have the stamina to go through something so...sooo...heavy (sorry for refering to 1980's Back To The Future slang...but you know what I mean) again! But just look at him??? yeah he's forty something, has some grey hair thing going on and has a wife, kids blah blah blah...but look how fit he is in that kind of charming, intelligent, witty way! Ahhh stuff it, where did I put that blank tape for next weeks Oscars ceremony?!?!
3. I have a sudden urge to travel to New York. I have no idea if it has anything to do with those adverts for American Holdiays (y'know the ones..."you've seen it in the movies...now visit it in real life"...utter bollocks really) or if has something to do with watching too many episodes of SATC, or maybe my teenage dream of living there in an attic apartment overlooking 'The Village' is comming back to me. I mean, everything else is from my childhood-the need to buy Beano magazines while chewing on a piece of hubba-bubba chewing gum and playing on commadore 64 computers-has come flying back to haunt me. The only other thing I can think of for making me want to haul my ass across the Antlantic and go visit a place that will most probably petrify me once there (I have panic attacks in London for godsake...New York??? Yeah right!!!) is the fact that TDS is made there.....once again hmmmm indeed!!!
Well, I'm off to eat some cold pizza and dream about New York.
Until we meet again...x
Well I haven't updated this thing for a while now. Mainly because I couldn't be arsed to, and that I needed to update my outlay as it was pretty crappy before-all purple and squashed up...yuck!
But, now it's looking all black and white and cool...and for some reason it makes me think of France...dunno why like, it just does! And it strangely makes me want to have a ciggie too...humph for it being nearly midnight and peeps being in bed so I cant have one incase I wake them up. Grrrrr...tobacccooooooo.....
...ANYWAY! I have been keeping myself mightily busy since last making an entry. I decorated my front room...bit of paint, bit of re-organisation with the furniture. It makes it look more homely and a hell of alot more organised than before.
I also bought a computer desk too for the front room and it looks lushhhhhh!!!!
I am still to complete my first assignment for the writing course I have been attempting to do since last august. but I have no excuse not to do it now, so I will get it done this week.
Keigan Robert (or Blade if his dip-shit of a father gets his own way) is doing grand. He was dragged down to dip-shits family (who are also a bunch of dip-shits btw) for a week and it totally fucked up both his routine and my sisters but within two days of being back they both seem to be picking it up again...aaahhhhh in your face dip-shit...shove that up your Blades arse...oh and keep that witch of a nan away from me. I swear to god, she's in serious danger of her life when it comes to me...grrrrrr. I'm normally not a violent type of person, but I will make an exception for her!!!
Anyway, apart from the above taking place and the growing obsession with both Jon Stewart and creating compilation cd's for people slowly strating to take over my life...it's generally been all quiet on the home front.
That is al for now.
- Music:Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Maps
Below is Dr Phil's test. (Dr. Phil scored 55; he did this test on
Oprah-she got a 38.) Some folks pay a lot of money to find this
stuff out. Read on, this is very interesting!
Don't be overly sensitive! The following is pretty accurate and
only takes 2 minutes. Take this test for yourself and send it to
The person who sent it placed their score in the subject box.
do the same before forwarding to your friends. (send it back to
person who sent it to you) Don't peek but begin the test as you
scroll down and answer.
Answers are for who you are now...... not who you were in the
Have pen or pencil and paper ready. This is a real test given by
Human Relations Dept. at many of the major corporations today. It
helps them get better insight concerning their employees and
It's only 10 Simple questions, so..... grab a pencil and paper,
track of your letter answers to each question. Make sure to
subject of the e-mail to read YOUR total. When you are finished,
this to friends/family, and also send It to the person who sent
Make sure to put YOUR score in the subject box.
1. When do you feel your best?
a) in the morning
b) during the afternoon and early evening
c) late at night
2. You usually walk...
a) fairly fast, with long steps
b) fairly fast, with little steps
c) less fast head up, looking the world in the face
d) less fast, head down
e) very slowly
3. When talking to people you...
a) stand with your arms folded
b) have your hands clasped
c) have one or both your hands on your hips
d) touch or push the person to whom you are talking
e) play with your ear, touch your chin, or smooth your hair
4. When relaxing, you sit with...
a) your knees bent with your legs neatly side by side
b) your legs crossed
c) your legs stretched out or straight
d) one leg curled under you
5. When something really amuses you, you react with...
a) big appreciated laugh
b) a laugh, but not a loud one
c) a quiet chuckle
d) a sheepish smile
6. When you go to a party or social gathering you...
a) make a loud entrance so everyone notices you
b) make a quiet entrance, looking around for someone you know
c) make the quietest entrance, trying to stay unnoticed
7. You're working very hard, concentrating hard, and you're
Interrupted, do you ...
a) welcome the break
b) feel extremely irritated
c) vary between these two extremes
8. Which of the following colors do you like most?
a) Red or orange
c) yellow or light blue
e) dark blue or purple
g) brown or gray
9. When you are in bed at night, in those last few moments before
going to sleep you are ...
a) stretched out on your back
b) stretched out face down on your stomach
c) on your side, slightly curled
d) with your head on one arm
e) with your head under the covers
10. You often dream that you are...
b) fighting or struggling
c) searching for something or somebody
d) flying or floating
e) you usually have dreamless sleep
f) your dreams are always pleasant
1. (a) 2 (b) 4 (c) 6
2. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 7 (d) 2 (e) 1
3. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 5 (d) 7 (e) 6
4. (a) 4 (b) 6 (c) 2 (d) 1
5. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 2
6. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 2
7. (a) 6 (b) 2 (c) 4
8. (a) 6 (b) 7 (c) 5 (d) 4 (e) 3 (f) 2 (g) 1
9. (a) 7 (b) 6 (c) 4 (d) 2 (e) 1
10. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 6 (f) 1
Now add up the total number of points.
OVER 60 POINTS: Others see you as someone they should "handle
care." You're seen as vain, self-centered, and extremely
Others may admire you, wishing they could be more like you, but
trust you, hesitating to become too deeply involved with you.
51 TO 60 POINTS: Others see you as an exciting, highly volatile,
rather impulsive personality; a natural leader, who's quick to
decisions, though not always the right ones. They see you as bold
and adventuresome, someone who will try anything once; someone
take chances and enjoys an adventure. They enjoy being in your
company because of the excitement you radiate.
41 TO 50 POINTS: Others see you as fresh, lively, charming,
practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in
centre of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it
to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and
understanding, someone who'll always cheer them up and help them
31 TO 40 POINTS: Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful &
practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but
Not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone
who's extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expect the
loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it
lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it
takes you a
time to get over it if that trust is ever broken.
21 TO 30 POINTS: Your friends see you as painstaking and fussy.
see you as very cautious, extremely careful, a slow and steady
plodder. It would really surprise them if you ever did something
impulsively or on the spur of the moment, expecting you to
everything carefully from every angle and then, usually decide
against it. They think this reaction is caused partly by your
UNDER 21 POINTS: People think you are shy, nervous, and
someone who needs looking after, who always wants someone else to
make the decisions & who doesn't want to get involved with anyone
anything! They see you as a worrier who always sees problems that
don't exist. Some people think you're boring. Only those who know
you well know that you aren't.
Now forward this to others, and put your score in the subject box
"Dr. Phil's Test - I'm a __"
- Music:KT Tunstall - Through The Dark
My first nephew was born this morning at 4:02am. After a 50 hour labour (yes that is correct, 50 as in 5-0)Keigan Robert weighed in at a whopping 9lb 2oz. That's HUGE that is!!! Heavier than a 5lb bag of sugar even!!!
Look at the piccy's tho...how cute???
1. I am never EVER having children! My sister has been in labour for the past 42 hours and is still only 5cm dialated *sorry bout the details there* The only pain relief she has had is a tens machine *little electro pads that give small electric shocks to her nerves to ease pain* and a painkiller with a small dose of morphene and that is all. She is officially tough as nails...mucho respect to the little one!!!
2. I have been spending many a-hour indulging myself in my latest crush...Mister Jon Stewart...yummy yummy yummy indeedy! On a less physical note he's funny as hell *The Daily Show...More 4, 8.30 weekdays-WATCH!!!* but he's really...sexy goddammit! Sexy sexy sexy! It is official, I have come full circle...I am attracted to a forty-odd year old jewish american married father on one!!!!!! H-E-L-P-M-E!
3. A big BIG R.I.P to The Secret Hairdresser...tis a sad day...hunt them down though before it's too late and hear the sheer brilliance of music!
4. Damn you E4!!! Repeats of the first series of Desperate Housewives has got me hooked!!! NOW I understand the fuss. This means give me a year and I should be completly immersed in Lost!!
ps) A nip and a punch for the first day of the...blah blah blah.
...That is all!
1) The majority of pregnant women in their last weeks are a fucking nightmare to live with. I swear to lucifer, If my sister doesn't give birth by the end of the week I'm covering her mounth and blowing down her nose until it pop's out...her mood swings are fucking unbelieveable!!!!
2) Christopher Lambert in Highlander is rather sexy...I would normally put it down to the accent but his scottish icelandic american accent is shite...seriously, he's a looker!
3) Queen rock! Highlander soundtrack particularly!!!
4)In a discussion with my ma this morning I found out that some of my great-great-cousins and uncles hung themselves and disappeared. Seriously, this mental thing in our family has me rather worried at the minute!
5) Am looking forward to starting my week of Springsteen listening...like a kid of xmas eve!
PS. Try my quiz... http://www.quizyourfriends.com/yourquiz.php?quizname=060129175820-603102
Included the following:
1)Getting out of bed at eleven minutes to tewlve, easily classifying it as still being in the morning!
2)Eating a muller corner american classic alabama chocolate fudge cake corner and realising they're rather nice....mmmmnnnnmmmm!!!
That is all.
...three fucking weeks I've managed to get through without having any major judgement on any of the fools that entered that house and come the last night, the worst possible scenario occurs.
Not only do I get that feeling of 'awww i'm gonna miss it now it's gone"...
...I've started singing The Ordinary Boys' "Boys Will Be Boys" in my head and it's becomming a catchy little tune.
Well I woke up in a right pisser of moods this morning!
After dragging my arse out of bed at a reasonable time (10am-reasonable for me), I found myself in a right grumpy mood after realising I am sick of waking up in the mornings and facing the same old situations and the same old piffle being thrown at me time and time again by this wondrous thing called "life".
I think it may have something to do with me needing to make decisions about which direction my life takes and I don't know if I am up for the challenge.
I have huge decisions to make such as do I apply for a runners job for the BBC based in Glasgow and relocate? Or do I go traveling for a few months and work my way through Europe? And if I do decide to do the Europe trip thing do I go on my own or do I wait for someone I know and trust to jump on board with me? Do I get a job-any job-and work my way towards living independently OR do I continue the writing course I have just begun and hope to get some work published while living home which would be beneficial in the terms of my ma's care in the long run and my lil sis who is due to drop her first born any day now?
Despite having all of these decisions to make, I cant even decide what clothes to wear in the morning and what to have for breakfast let alone do I have breakfast at all? It's scary and frightens the hell out of me when I think about it.
I have no idea why I felt like this. Maybe the Rogan Josh curry I had last night with my sister was a bit dodgy and I ended up in some freak Jerry Maguire es-que scenario muttering "mission statement" repeatedly in the middle of the night while watching repeats of ER on More 4, but without my knowledge (it's strange what you do when you're an insomniac).
So, after two cups of freshly made coffee and getting ready I decided to sit down and make a list of resolutions to stick to this year. These were to include making one piece of art (writing, painting, roll of photography film) per month, get out of the house for an evening with my mates every other week, and build up my music collection (1 CD per week, EVERY week). However, I got side-tracked from writing my list and ended up messing on with my live journal ID's and joining communities...another pissing waste, I know...but on the plus side look how pretty my journal is now?!?!?!
- Music:Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Maps